Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Make a New Ending


There are many layers that make us whole.

Maria Robinson, an up and coming author, wrote, “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
This is a quote I happened to find when I was exploring www.StumbleUpon,com  this afternoon. I found a blog that was a literary version of the tablespoon of castor oil that my grandmother used to insist I take whenever I was coming down with a cold.  I had no more than fifty words and I knew despite the ease in my mouth, it was good for me. Marc, the author of this blog, has packaged self-help tips for every aspect of life.  Further, he has carefully enumerated the hints in list after list.  
Here is a partial list of “hot posts”:
I admit it.  I am a sucker for these kinds of straight-forward advice columns.  I have even written a few myself.  When I started to dig through the thirty things I had better start doing for myself, I felt energized and ready to tackle all my bad habits and misguided behaviors.  What I did learn, however, is that if you read too many of these lists consecutively, it becomes impossible to keep straight which behavior will evoke what response.  In other words, you are likely to suffer information overload if you take that tack.  Pick one topic that floats your boat and GO FOR IT.  
Four EASY Steps to Bring About Change in Your Life
                          1, Read a well-written essay pertaining to the behavior you hope to change.
                          2,  Print the essay, then place it in visible places to remind you of your goals,
                           3.   Let your circle of friends know of your intention to change so they can        support  your efforts,
                 4.   The most important part -- Do the work....begin to take daily steps toward the change you desire to see in your life.   (Be the change you want to see in the world.   Ghandi) Once you do that, you will be on your way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment