Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gift of the Web


My children are responsible for vaulting me into the twenty-first century.  The easiest measure, by far, is the manner in which they have dragged me into a state of computer literacy.  I have each of them to thank for one aspect of what has become my daily foray onto the world wide web.  
To Hannah: I thank for introducing me to http://pinterest.com.  The site is self-described as “an online pinboard. Organize and share things you love.”  I took to it like a fish to water.  On the the top of my screen are the words “PIN IT.”  With great consistency, I use that option to pluck and pin all manner of things to one of my various pinboards.  
  • Places I’d Like to Go
  • Books Worth Reading
  • Clothes to love
  • Family Ideas
  • Favorite Places and Spaces
  • Food I love
  • For the Home
  • Hand Crafts
  • Love
  • Photography
  • Spirituality
  • Things that make me smile.

I have to remember to pin her picture to Things that make me smile.
To Kay:  I thank for telling me about http://www.shopittome.com/.  Every day, I receive a compendium of sales on apparel from designers and stores that I like to frequent.  Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Brooks Brothers and others send me their very best products at discounted prices.  I enjoy scanning the choices, and, on rare occasions, I part with my money to make a purchase. Shop It To Me is as close as I can imagine coming to window-shopping each day.  It is like strolling down Fifth Avenue though Fifth Avenue is 200 miles away.
To Charles:  I thank you for bringing the wonder of http://www.youtube.com/ to my world. Through Youtube, I have found answers to most of the questions I can summon pertaining to cooking, photography and wine.  I have laughed, I have cried and I have marveled at what I have seen.  And I have joined you in the relentless search for great talent.
YouTube jettisoned you on your career and I suspect will provide you with the medium to express yourself.  
The Internet is an information superhighway.  I am fortunate to have three children who can read, and translate, all of the signs for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment