Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bulgari Green Tea Soap and the yacht "the Paraffin"



St. Barth's 2009

The Paraffin 




The fragrance of Bulgari Green Tea perfume transports me.  It is the scent that I associate with the Caribbean, with indulgent pleasures, with pampered care on the high seas and with friendship.  My friends once owned a 200-foot yacht named the Paraffin. At the time, it was the largest vessel of its type in the world.   It was a gem of the seas.  I was fortunate enough to join my friends on two sea-going adventures on the Paraffin - both in the West indies.  When I boarded the vessel, off came the shoes.  Everyone put their shoes in a basket before taking another step.  When the doors of the main salon slid swished open automatically, I was greeted with a scent that was, at once, fresh, clean, and slightly sensual. It wasn’t until I was shown my cabin that I discovered the source of the scent was the soap.  Bulgari bath products were provided in every bathroom. At one point, my ten-year old son was doused in two bottles of Bulgari shampoo and bath gel;  he was lathered into a luxurious foam by three other kids (including his two sisters) because they said he smelled of “boy.”  When they were done with him, he smelled like Bulgari Eau Parfumee.
According to Fragrancex.com, Bvlgari Eau Parfumee (green tea) Perfume was launched by Bvlgari in 1997.  It is a refined, oriental fragrance. It is considered a unisex fragrance that possesses a blend of Bulgari's first fragrance, extracts of green tea blended with jasmine, rose and citrus.  It is a scent I find irresistible. 
My office smells like Bulgari.  I am joyfully settled in a miasma of Bulgari because of my friend’s generosity. She may have sold the boat, but I still have my memories, and I still have Bulgari Green Tea soaps, that she provided.  Six oval shaped bars of soap bring me the fragrance of luxury, the vision of the blue Caribbean sea and memories of opulent pleasure shared with friends. I marvel how a  simple bowl of soaps can give me the world.

For information about the Paraffin:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my........ I'm just floating.....

    Hugs,

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 1st visit to Paris in about 2000 was enchanting. I stayed in the penthouse suite at George V (Four Seasons). The full-sized toiletries were exactly what you describe by Bvlgari. I had never smelled anything like it and was addicted to the scent. They loaded me up with as much as I could pack to bring home. Over the years I have conservatively used them, and have just a little body lotion & shampoo left to sniff. Although, that scent is one I can conjure up at will!

    ReplyDelete