Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Innovation

Small acts can bring with them feelings of both triumph and pride.
d.e.e
Today I devised a method to reuse the wax reservoir at the bottom of my candles. I burned several candles for about two hours. While it was still warm, I scooped out the wax pool at the bottom of the Kringle candle jars and shaped it into balls. Then, I wrapped each ball in cheesecloth, tied it with a ribbon and I savored the aromatic results. Not an earth-shattering innovation, but one that satisfied me with its economy and domestic conservation. The scented wax balls have found a place in my bureau. I made sure that just a bit of the ribbon peaks out from behind my folded clothes. That little piece of pink ribbon represents innovation; it serves to remind me that innovation can call on anyone -- even me -- a writer, a stay-at-home mom and a Martha Stewart wannabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment