Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Great Exit Lines


Great Exit Lines don’t come easily.  The memorable ones, the ones that everyone can retrieve without too much difficulty, resonate with our experience of life.  In all likelihood, a team of writers gathered around a table and batted around their ideas.  There was probably a lot of pencil sharpening, water-sipping and chair tipping before the best lines were written.  It is for this reason, it is unlikely that I will ever write an award-winning exit line myself.  And quite frankly, how many times in life are they called for?  Having said all this, I recognize how good it is to enjoy some of the best, some of the very great ones.  Here they are:

“Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”
Casablanca
“After all, tomorrow is another day.
Gone With the Wind
Stella! Hey, Stella!”  
A Streetcar Named Desire
For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble.”
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
There’s no place like home.”
The Wizard of Oz
Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”
Love Story
And that’s the way it is.”
Walter Cronkite
“I bid you a very heartfelt goodnight.”
Johnny Carson
"All right, hey, you’ve been great! See you in the cafeteria.”
Seinfeld
“I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.  I hope.”
The Shawshank Redemptions
Until we meet again.”
Oprah Winfrey
Goodbye (spelled in stones).”
                           Mash
Tha-tha=tha=that’s all folks.”
Porky Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment