Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A New View

M Street,  Georgetown

For the geographically-impaired.
Park with Waterview



Paradigm shift. The street noises of M Street are as loud and unruly as children on the playground. Adding to the cacophony is the steady hum of traffic --buses belching, cars whirring and sirens wailing. I am in Georgetown.  As my plane to D.C. banked hard to the right, I saw the neat grid of Washington and its monuments stretched out before me. The fleeting glance of the Capitol gave way to water and macadam, then the plane touched down. My current resting place in my daughter's apartment affords me a view of the oh-so-busy M Street. Fortuitously, there is a lush city park directly across from her apartment. As foreign as it feels to be I'm the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city, my soul is calmed by the verdure and beauty of the park.  As I watch, a bevy of runners thread their way through the extravagant branches and trees, then slowly,  ever so slowly, the pack is swallowed by the park. They disappear from view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment