Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls


Immaculate Baking Co. Cinnamon Rolls.
I am a cinnamon roll snob. I have never, nor can I imagine a day when I will ever, eat a cinnamon roll from Dunkin Donuts.  The whole thing about cinnamon rolls is the satisfying progression toward a central, gooey, sweet goal; a bite so full of buttery, rich cinnamon flavor that it would melt in your mouth, if not for the lofty dough that suspends it.  I know cinnamon rolls.  Cinnamon rolls were served in my house on Easter, Christmas and, sometimes, birthdays. My mother was not a baker.  She was content with serving Pillsbury Dough Boy's Pop 'n Fresh variety.  They did not taste like the wonderful pastries my grandmother would bring to us from her local bakery. I was so terribly disappointed in the small, heavy, puck-like snails that we would place 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet. Was this really Pillsubry's best?  Did people truly accept them as the best they could expect?  I thought I could do better.  I started baking breads and other baked goods from scratch in high school.  When I moved on to cinnamon rolls, I proved that I could do better.  My cinnamon rolls were delicious, but labor intensive.  Their preparation required considerably more effort than releasing them from the confines of a can.  I found the ultimate recipe for cinnamon rolls in a Rhode Island cookbook that my friend gave me.  It takes considerable and time and patience, since the best dough rises twice before baking.  


As a wife and mother, I wanted my children  and husband to enjoy cinnamon rolls, but I hoped that the rolls...
....would look enticing in their perfect spiral curls.  
....would tasted other-worldly.
....could be prepared in less than half an hour.
....would leave the house flooded with the fragrance of cinnamon.
....would have a central core laden with butter and cinnamon that could be consumed in a single bite.




Imagine my extraordinary surprise and pleasure when my code of standards was met recently!  This happened when, on a whim at a local food coop, I bought a can of Immaculate Baking Company's Cinnamon Rolls.  Their cinnamon rolls baked into large, inviting temptations.  The scent of cinnamon almost colored the air, it was so vivid.  As I frosted each roll, the icing melted into an inviting glaze.  I simply can't describe how delicious the warm rolls were.  They turned a regular Tuesday into what felt like Christmas morning.
I actually wrote the company with my rave reviews of their product -- and a small suggestion for a tweak on the packaging.  The next day, someone from the marketing department emailed me back.  Apparently, I had not fully removed an inner sleeve that had impeded my ability to open the can when I was preparing them.  She suggested I try again, thanked me for my loyalty, and enclosed two coupons to pick up a couple of Immaculate Baking Company Cinnamon Rolls on the house!  I urge other cinnamon roll devotees to try this brand. If you can not locate them at your local retailer, they are available online.  








https://www.immaculatebaking.com/product.php?id=28

No comments:

Post a Comment