Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Green is My World







For the past few days, I have been keenly conscious of the color of the ambient light.  Filtered through the nearly unfurled foliage, it is green.  Not an algae-growing-in-the-pool green, but a sear-your-heart kind of green that is all encompassing.  Simply to apply a word to how this light feels, to contain it within the fixed parameters of a word, is to diminish this green.  Yesterday morning, I couldn’t sleep, I was outside, watching the sun come up, then wandered down the driveway.  Slowly, a canopy of branches stretched over the drive, creating a tunnel.  The first light of day managed to penetrate the thick umbrage of leafage. The feel of that first morning light, wearing all greens and yellows and blues, took away my breath.  It felt like I was underwater, looking up, except for the rambunctious and, often, provocative, bird calls that disturbed the morning silence.
The many layered shades of green left me feeling like it was the first sunrise I had ever attended.  Then, I found myself chuckling out loud -- something my children have cautioned against if I want to maintain my image of sanity. I couldn’t help but find humor at the idea that it was my first dawn.  My name came about because of my habit, since infancy, of rising at dawn.  I have spend my lifetime being there for sunrises.  
For me, it has always been about the light.  When light drives back darkness, it is one more victory for love. Light comes in many colors.  Right now, I am attuned to green.
From Chakra Colors and Meanings:
Green chakra relates to love/self love - the ability to give and take unconditionally. When balanced we are able to give love and also to love and nurture ourselves.  Helps relax muscles, nerves, and thoughts. Cleanses and balances our energy, to give a feeling of renewal, peace and harmony. Green connects us to unconditional love and is used for balancing our whole being.


http://threeheartscompany.com/chakra.html#green

1 comment: