Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Facing Hard Truths




I visited a friend of mine who recently had a stroke.  After this catastrophic event, his life has to start over. As I sat beside his bed, I pondered great things. The meaning of life, the meaning of my life, how we choose to spend our days and how we choose to love were among the thoughts that stirred my heart.  One ride. That’s all we get. One ride through life. Sure, we can fall down, but so long as we get back up, then we are doing just fine.  There is a phrase from a song I know that goes, “If you knew today was going to be your last, how would you spend it?” I would want to answer on a bigger scale. I think I would try to.....

 “Stand up, be heard, love freely, love fully, love often.  
Put fear on the shelf, use courage, use faith. 
Be all of who I am."



What more can I possibly do than that? 
                                                         
 

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, that's really lovely and very powerful. I am always touched by your writing when I dip into what you've reflected on. Love you.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I do appreciate it.

      Delete