Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Puddles Day 46 Y2



The rain has fallen more or less steadily for the past 24 hours. It has matched my mood, creating a stillness within the veil of rain. Early this morning, I donned a fleece, a raincoat, scarf, hat, gloves and an umbrella.  I pulled on my boots, sturdy and waterproof. The rain fell through a 40 degree atmosphere. No ice, just cold, bone-penetrating, damp cold.  It was with exceptional pleasure that I went for a walk.  I slushed through ice-chilled puddles and looked for the deepest ones I could find. I stomped, I kicked, I splashed and I celebrated the rain. The rain carried with it the joy of childhood for me. For twenty minutes, I played in the rain under the guise of taking a walk; an easy way to cast off the mantle of adulthood and embrace all that is magical about being young. The rain, a puddle and a jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment