Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Long Day Day 52 Y2

www.homeelement.com

I come to my computer with dread, exhaustion, and a small amount of resentment. I simply want to lay me down to sleep (Pray the Lord my soul to keep).  Instead, I am, to the best of my ability, trying to keep up with some wild commitment I made to write a daily blog. In YEAR 2 of this endeavor, the definition of daily is more loosely woven than Year 1.  In the first year, I used 24 hour cycles to define a day.  In Year 2, I find that I have less of a hold on time and that the boundaries between day and night are blurred.  This might explain my propensity for sleep walking.
In any event, I have tried to be a good mother, a good wife and a good friend today.  I am not sure how I scored on any of those fronts, but I know I did my best.  With that, I will have to be satisfied.  I am going to crawl between the sheets - clean! - oh, how I love bedtime in clean sheets.  The blinds are shut and I am ready to let sleep claim me.  Confident in the restorative powers of sleep and a new day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment