Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Saturday, December 15, 2012

An Inspiring Call Day 51 Y2



Yesterday evening, I received a call around dinner time. A woman with the lilt of an Indian accent inquired in neatly clipped vowels, “Hello, are you the owner of Dawn Elise Evans?”  I was stymied for my second, literally scratching my head. I answered as truthfully as possible, “I'd like to think so.”
She returned, “Is Dawn Elise Evans a small business?”
“No,” I said, “I am an individual.”
“I am sorry to have bothered you,” she said.  Then she disconnected.
I stared at the phone in my head for a second before I laughed aloud.

"Am I the owner of Dawn Elise Evans," indeed.  However, the question gave me pause to wonder...As a majority share-owner, am I doing everything I can for myself? Am I taking care of myself to the best of my ability?  Am I putting my assets to their highest use? Am I practicing the tenets of good business on Dawn Elise Evans?  The answer is that there is room for improvement.  I thank the disembodied inquiry from a woman who did not know me for bringing this to my attention.  

Next step, I will write the 2013 business plan for Dawn Elise Evans, Inc..

No comments:

Post a Comment