Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Buried Treasures


“Natural wisdom seems to suggest that the way you are toward your life is the way that your life will be toward you.  To have an attitude that is compassionate and hopeful brings home to you the things you really need.” John O’Donohue in Anam Cora: A Book of Celtic Wisdom  
I found this quotation carefully copied into one of my notebooks.  In the same notebook, months later, I found that I had written a few notes of my own.
It is impossible to underestimate the importance of attitude.  I know whereof I speak. dee


If happiness eludes you, maybe you are looking for it in the wrong places. dee
I can trace the line that circumscribes my thinking.  Read, reflect, experience life.  The cycle is one I have repeated over most of my life.  During the times that I am “experiencing life,” it seems an outrageous luxury to have the quiet, the time, the wherewithal to read and contemplate.  It takes years before I can willingly haul out difficult or painful experiences in order to wring from them the lessons they might have buried therein.  This is a process that reaps many treasures in the form of elucidation and clarity.  I am currently at work on my teens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment