Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Bridges Home Day 31 Y2











The closest metropolis to my house is home to 28,500 souls.   Add the 2500 co-eds at a local women’s college, and that number exceeds 30,000!   The street lights, stop lights and garbage pick-up of the “Big City” lend it the feel of a busy place. There are even parking cops ticketing cars that are in violation of meter rules.  After late afternoon errands, I head home; generally, I pass over three bridges.  The view grows more and more expansive.  The cluster of houses spaces out and they give up encroaching on each other’s territories.  As I leave the City, the bridges channel me away from the hustle and bustle.  The bridges are more than a metaphor; they carry me toward the more tranquil life I lead on a secluded mountain with a view of the night sky and sometimes, the far away city lights.  
Night sky from the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment