Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Planning is Everything

Purple plug in situ in antique bathtub.
I spent a long time preparing to go to Martha's Vineyard Island for an extended stay.  I wanted to travel lean, but, at the same time, I wanted to have enough creature comforts so as not to feel deprived.  What to do? What to do?  I took a smaller than usual suitcase. I brought two colors. Black and white. Two bathing suits. One piece, two piece.  It simplified everything to think this way.  The excess came in the form of books, electronics and things to keep myself engaged and busy.  This became most evident as I unpacked.  
However, of all the things I brought with me, it is one small object that has been an essential adjunct to my stay.  It measures about 2"x 2".  I thought, "What if the plug to the tub is lost or leaks? Then where I be without my soaking baths?"  So, I brought a plug.  A slightly, whimsical. purple plug.  
Imagine my relief that I was ready to cope with the tub that just happened to be without a plug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment