Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 1

My husband heralded my birthday with his Today my Birfday wish, a nonsensical phrase we have used for over thirty years.  I had few expectations of celebration and oh, what a surprise-filled day it was.  We went on a ride along the Deerfield River so I could photograph some of the ravages of the flood.  Further north, we stopped at Gould's Sugarhouse where I proved I can still pack away pancakes.  Onward we drove to our destination, the Bridge of Flowers and the Glacier Potholes in Shelbourne Falls.  With a little luck, I will download some of the better pics and we can oooh and aaaah together.  At home, I had numerous phone messages from friends who remembered it was my birthday.  My delight was amplified when a couple of my closest friends came over bringing me gifts, good cheer, and, of course, FOOD.  Later, on the computer, I discovered how Facebook can bring us together.  I admit to feeling really amazed that people would take time out of their days to write, Happy Birthday, Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment