Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Preparation for a Leave-taking

Tomorrow, I leave my quiet sanctuary on the mountain to head to Brooklyn, NY. Just the very notion of moving from this locale to that tires me. However, with the knowledge that my daughter will be waiting for me at Penn Station, inspires me to think through outfits, calculate meals and re-inventory my electronics for travel. My daughter and I have planned nothing more taxing than ordering meals in, watching movies and shopping together - on the internet. I have a hotel in close proximity of her house so she has ready access to my room. It may not be the Mother-Daughter weekend we have shared in the past, but I believe we are simply grateful to have the time together. I will enjoy seeing her in her milieu and she will be pleased to share her world with me. These memories are sweet jewels to treasure for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment