Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Monday, January 14, 2013

Guessing Game

Do you recognize this object?



There was a book I used to look at with my children. It was comprised of photographs of common objects; the reader had to discern what thing was laid out on the page. We learned that simply by lifting a common item out of its normal environment, the item can take on a whole new appearance.  Further manipulating the item by changing the background increased the mystery.  Lots of laughs ensued as we tried to divine exactly what we were seeing. For example, out of a jungle pattern, a teapot might emerge.  Today, unexpectedly, I recognized a shape that would have been sure to challenge my children. I look at it myself and can hardly believe what it is.  I will leave you guessing.

Answer will be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment