Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Intentions

I serve as model.
Scooter


Zach and Charles


I woke with the intention to accomplish tasks of great merit.
I thought today would be the chance for me to bring to bear my considerable resources 
to punch through my To Do list, to clear out the clutter of my days.
However....
instead, I did some laundry, emptied the dishwasher, baked some pumpkin muffins.  I served as model to my son as he became acquainted with a new camera.  I cleaned out the silver drawers.  I took the dog for a walk.  I watched a movie.  I tackled some remaining details involved in renting my father’s house and I cleared out some little worn clothes. I played a little Florence Nightingale and I played the piano. I emailed my daughters and I texted a friend and all the while, in the back of my mind, was that untouched To Do list.  
When I look back on this day, I will not remember what I didn’t do, rather, I will be grateful for all the things I did do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment