Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Where earth meets sky Whately Prep p.38


I arrived on the Island on the last boat.  Declan picked me up.  When he held me, I had hoped to feel relief. I found none in his arms
This morning, I hit the road early.  I like to run along Beach Road before there is a car in sight.  By noon, unless it is pouring, there will be cars parked all the way between Oak Bluffs and Edgartown. It is a magic gift to those who are early enough to receive it.
As I run, I breathe in, I breathe out and at last, at last, thoughts of Gillian, Kelly and Carl are pushed out of mind.  I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment