Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Let the Sunshine In Day 28 Y2

dee


Yesterday, I was walking across the wood floor in my living room and I pulled up short.  I raced to get my camera to record the light that spilled across the deck rail and in through the tall windows that face the southeasterly exposure.  It was brilliant and warm.


Today, I found an entirely different kind of light at T.J. Maxx.  
I was reminded that each of us has a story. Each of us has a message.
The woman who cashed out my purchases was someone whom I have seen occasionally over the past five or more years.  In the three minutes we spent together in order to complete the transaction, she told me this:

You can’t make anyone happy but yourself.  Don’t waste your time trying.
You deserve to be happy.  You deserve to be joyful. 

And so, across a counter-top laden with Christmas merchandise placed to encourage impulse-buying, we hugged. She reminded me that each of us carries a bit of our own light.

No comments:

Post a Comment