Featured Post

The Autumnal Equinox

                                           Last rose petals linger....                                                               ...

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seedlings of Hope

These bulbs were planted in October, 2011.





There are certain things that I do that propel my thoughts, my hopes and my intentions well into the future.  The presence of these reminders in my life serve as a valuable springboard.  I am reminded that no matter what is happening in the present moment, there is a world apart from, and beyond, what I am experiencing.  If I look closely, there are seeds of the days ahead planted right here and now. 
Here are some of the seedlings of hope that, for me, hint at a bright future.
The act of updating an annual calendar by adding birthdays and anniversaries carries the prospect of happy days ahead.

Every time I go to the dentist, I make an appointment to return in six months, filling out a postcard that will be mailed to me the week before the appointment as a reminder.  It is a tease to consider where I will be in my life journey next time I am in the dentist’s chair.

Making boat reservations to go to Martha’s Vineyard in three month intervals leaves me thinking about what will be going on the next trip I make.

Putting away holiday ornaments, I reflect on where my life might be next time I take them out.Planting bulbs in the fall brings to mind the spring blossoms that may follow. The ritual of storing winter clothes and taking our summer clothes brings (and vice versa) brings with anticipation of days to come.

My massage therapist books out appointments in six month intervals. This allows her to keep a modicum of control over her work schedule as well as her income. It gives me assurance that there will be help for me no matter how tough the going gets.  Today, the call from the future came by way of Google Apps.
They wrote me a letter advising me that I had managed to preserve a small piece of cyber real estate. A piece of property that has MY NAME on it.  For one year, it is solely and uniquely mine to manage.  While this seems like a small matter, it is much more to  me. It represents my belief that good things are going to come about for me professionally.  The fact that I reserved www.dawneliseevans.com for another year means I believe in my future.  Should I manage to become a break-away success overnight, I will applaud myself for having forked over the ten dollars to Google Apps.  These are the words Google Apps wrote to offer me peace of mind: 
Hello Dawn Elise Evans , This message confirms we have renewed your domain registration for dawneliseevans.com with GoDaddy.com . Your credit card has been charged $xx and your domain registration is valid until April 17, 2012 . 
To find more information or get in touch, visit our Help Center at https://www.google.com/support/a . Please do not reply to this email; replies are not monitored. Thanks for using Google Apps! 
The Google Apps Team
Like Annie in the musical of the same name, I find myself humming, then my voice lifts and I sing out loud.
“The sun’ll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there’ll be sun...”




No comments:

Post a Comment